Prayer

Prayer

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Where Are you?

I wrote this blog over and over in my head. Its the first words out of my mouth before starting a great journey, an already in progress transfomation. For some reason, it brings with it a sense of nervousness, similar to that of ta Father on his daughter's wedding day. Part of me said to say where I am at in my life's journey, including my weight loss journey. I hate that phrase, it sounds so cliche! Or did I want this blog to be a mental accompaniment to the physical workouts? I thought why not both? So please send me an email at matthewalancrawford@gmail.com or find me at www.facebook.com/crawfordm. I would love to hear what everytone else would like to talk about!
As far as where I am, I have been (for a while now) unhappy with my life. My past mistakes, have molded me into smoething I was not happy with. As far as my body goes, I have always been embarassed about my gut. My stoch has always looked like a pregnant woman! My 300+ stepfather even said that I was starting to look like him. I'm not sure if it was that, or the pictures from last summer's trip to Boca Raton that "lit the fire under me," but something has. About 6 months ago I took a job at a dementia ward hoping to make a positive impact, however the job seems that I am more of a housekeeper than a helper.
There are just so many things I am trying to get out of life. Something had to be done. And here we are. During the trip to Boca Raton, a year ago I weighed 250. I did some cutting back and working out and cut down to 230 6 months ago. In the past month I have been counting calories and being more conscious about everything I do. Chocolate milk is more than just a drink. Soda is seen as unnecessary. Water, which I never drank before, I now drink more than 100 oz a day! I am beginning to eat out a lot less, which is fantastic for the wallet and the waistline.
So, I suppose as it turns out, the real purpose of this blog is to ask you, Where Are You?

1 comment:

  1. What a great read!! Thank you for sharing your thoughts! :) Looking forward to reading more!!

    ReplyDelete