Prayer

Prayer

Monday, February 27, 2012

Plate and Jug Size

Lots of people have problems with portion control. Actually, its easily identifiable that the problem isnt portion control, but rather self control! Either way, one of the "cheats" that goes around is to use a smaller plate. Some nutritionists and dieticians even say to use a particular type of plate that resembles what I bought for my infant!

Recently I made a vow to myself to drink more water. And what better way to jumpstart myself that with the additional accountability of Lent? While many people were giving up soda and Facebook (gasp!) I decided to add something necessary... Water!!! Although not a Catholic, the idea behind giving something up for Lent is pretty admirable. Do without something you consider a vice, or an idol (something detracted worship from God) for a specified period of time, the 40 days between Passover/ Ash Wednesday and Easter Sunday.

I decided to add a gallon of water. A gallon is 128 ounces. Multiple sources have said rather than the traditional 8 cups of water (8 x 8 fl oz= 64 oz) that a more accurate equation would be taking your weight (or your ideal weight), change it from lbs to ounces, and cut it in half. For example, someone at 200 lbs, should drink at least 100 oz of water. I am currently at 185, wanting to stay between 190 and 200. So, a gallon being 128 oz is perfect!

I tried with cups and even water bottles. True story, it was easiest to drink the 128 when it came form one container. It was hard doing it in a day with the cups and water bottles, but yesterday I was able to do it in while watching the Oscars when drinking from a gallon jug. Thats's right. It looks like a milk jug. Im drinking straight from the jug (sorry Mom!) and its so much easier!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the info. I've been trying to drink more water too. I think that little formula will help a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to drink more water!!!! Thinking I may just try your idea of the jug!

    ReplyDelete