Prayer

Prayer

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Self. Science. Sweat.

Taken from a note of my friend Mindy's :
Some people think success people are successful because they have a secret they are doing or something but really they figure out what works and are consistent doing those things daily for a long period of time and they are POSITIVE happy people and have the right philosophy.
And now it's my turn!
Funny how God works sometimes. I mean I can be struggling and then hear a song like Eminem's "Lose Yourself" or Kanye West's "Stronger" and instantly I get a second wind. Tonight's sermon was pretty much the same thing. We are in the middle of a series called Vows, which disects the traditional wedding vows into what they really mean. Tonight's was "to have and to hold," but to avoid getting off topic let me just say that it was about, being consistent. You cant worship your significant other, and disrespect her at the same time. The message analyzed what type of relationship we are in, no wonder the breakdown of marraige is at such an alarming rate. we pull people close physically but make it a point to push them away emotionally and spiritually. God tells us in 1 Corinthians to be of one mind but in our human nature we fall short! We should be running to the place where God is and let HIm bless us. However, in our fallen human nature, we ask for God to bless us from where we stand. Action, it seems, is too much for us! Its easy to say we want to be one way, but action does not seem to be our nature! We need to have AND hold. And is where the emphasis should be. The Hebrew word used here is glued. To proactively stay together. There goes that word again, action.
But, at least in my own life, action seems to be a struggle! It is easier to have days where I seem to slack off in my workouts, where I forget to draw the line when I eat. Where I eat simply because it was prepared, or (as my past has definetly shown) most of my overeating is out of boredom. These two problems seem to be the result of inaction.
It is all part of a cycle. To have and to hold. You must do both! I love Jillian Michael's formula. Its a 3 part to living a healthy lifestyle. Self/ Science/ Sweat. Work on your self, your own inner demons. Eat right, think about what you are doing. And once you have that plan in place, do the work! Exercise according to the plan you came up with in the science portion. You cant just eat well and work out, if you ignore the self portion the rest crumbles. The same is true of any relationship. You can's simply claim to be in a relationship (HAVE) you must also do the work (HOLD.) Whether that be quality time or whatever your relationship (with anyone) may be lacking, put in the work! If you mess up or forwent the work in the past, it is okay! Come to terms with wear you went wrong (Self), come up with a plan to rectify or apologize to all concerned if necessary (Science), and build onward (Sweat.)
Definetly what I needed to hear, and not just because I ate twice my calorie goal with no real workout today!

No comments:

Post a Comment