Prayer

Prayer

Monday, January 2, 2012

Goals for 2012

Every year seems to come with a lot, and not just the New Year’s Day hangover! Last year seemed to be quite a roller coaster, especially at the end! Joanna and I cemented ourselves as the true on again off again couple. Eminem and Kim would be proud! That being said though we are not an official couple she has been my main support system, and an amazing mother to my daughter Alexandria. It sort of goes without saying but, my first goal for 2012 will be for us to come up with a name for our next daughter, which is due in April. So though I have many goals for the following year, April will be the magic month! Being as that is when the baby is due, I would like to be “baby ready” by then. Baby Ready has a lot of meaning to it. It is going to be no easy task. That would include being in a position to move out of my mother’s basement by then. Also, a working vehicle for at least a month prior (so by March) is a priority.
It seems that every other goal for the coming year flows second to these. Since I have lost the 70 lbs that revolutionized my life (everything from how I see food and exercise to how I am with my kids to my relationship with Christ), many people have either mistook me for or suggested I become a trainer. After much prayer it seems evident that I belong in school training to become a trainer. It is January and the new semester has already begun, so by the time this semester ends in May, I will have everything ready to attend the August semester. Financial aid seems to be the biggest road block so my loans will have been caught up by then. It was also suggested that I try my hand at modeling so by April I will have my first modeling job! By Valentines Day I will have a professional shoot done!
Last year, I began a blog called Crawdiddy Fitness about total fitness (mind, body, soul.) Writing this blog has reignited my love for written word, both reading and writing. Years ago I had planned on writing a book based on a round table discussion with notable philosophical greats on today’s debates. I recently learned that Amazon, along with small publishing houses in Kansas will help you get your work published for a cost. So at least one chapter a month will be written to a book that I will have ready for publishing by Christmas 2012. I also recently became very much into running. In 2011 I ran my first sponsored race, a 5k. In 2012 I will be running a marathon, sort of, I plan on running 2 half marathons! I will also be part of one of the Warrior dash or Tough Mudder or Spartan Races.
I currently have three tattoos. A cross on my left arm, a basket of bread and fish on my right, and when I became a father I had ABBA (greek for father) put on my left ribs. This year I plan on having a couple more added. On my write leg I want the races I plan on running (5k, 13.1, etc) then lines put through them as I cross them off and get them done! I was once going to have a raven carrying bread (as God had them do for Elijah) tattooed but I have decided on Moses striking a rock on my right arm (Exodus 17:6.)
I find it difficult to have a goal about my relationship with God. Really I just want to keep growing, every goal I have mentioned above seems to be twofold, it accomplishes the main goal but it also will bring me closer in my relationship with God. It has been pretty amazing the fitter my body has become, the closer I feel to God. I have also had very many inspirations including but not limited to Jimmy Pena, Jamie Eason, Allison Earnst, Bry Jensen, Courtney Cozier, Cara Castronouva, Bob Harper, Jillian Michaels, and Brett Hoebel among others. I want to either speak with in perosn, or on the phone with those who without direct contact have continued to be an inspiration for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment