Prayer

Prayer

Sunday, May 10, 2015

Do the right thing....

Doing the right thing is what you are supposed to do. So how come catching an error or doing the right thing is often tedious and can get you in trouble? I had a very rude, irate customer come in to buy a phone. Due to a recent merger and system upgrades her old phone would not work but she would be given a new one for free. She decided to take the time to upgrade, but she could not afford the phone she wanted so there was the payment plan option. I do my best not to get people to do the payment plan because over the course of the loan, that $600 phone turn into a $1400 loan. Every time I am unable to sell someone on the idea of getting a phone outside of their present means, there is a large pit in my stomach. It makes me physical sick. This particular customer would not let me present all of the details of the program. Sometimes I do not do a very good job about educating people of their dumb decisions in a nice way, or so I have been told, so I did my best to be quiet while selling the phone. She came in upset that she had to part with her phone, though I tried to explain that she would get a significant discount. When I was processing the near end of the sale her barking at me distracted me and I forgot to make the necessary click to take off the meager discount on her phone. So , doing the right thing, I tried to reprocess the sell, save her the money ($120 dollars as it turns out) and she just acted like all I did was inconvenience her more. I could have and afterwards even thought that I should have let it slide and not corrected my mistake. Until Paul rang in my head, Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving (Colossians 3:23-34, NIV)”  She was not appreciative about having to take other steps to get the money back. I did what was right, though I did not have the joy that one normally does after a good deed. But we do things because they are the right thing to do, not to feel good about ourselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment